The Kenyan Head of State with ceiling-high monthly earnings.is among the highest-paid politicians in the world. We look at President William Ruto salary and additional income from private investments.
- READ ALSO: Who is the Highest-Paid Kenyan?
Chief Hustler assumed State House as Commander in Chief on September 13, 2022. He has since been banking a great deal from his highly demanding job.
President William Ruto salary per month
How much does William Ruto earn? President William Samoei Ruto earns a gross salary of Ksh 1.44 million per month. His remuneration includes a basic salary of Ksh 866,250, a house allowance of Ksh 350,000 and a salary market adjustment of Ksh 227,500.
- READ ALSO: David Maraga Net Worth: How Rich?
The staggering amount does not include other six-figure allowances and multi-million benefits reserved for the highest office in the land.
Salaries and Remuneration Committee records indicate that Ruto is taking home at least Ksh. 2 million a month. Surprisingly, nearby states pay their presidents way below a million.
|3||Salva Kiir||601k||South Sudan|
Elsewhere, the proceeds of President Uhuru Kenyatta were estimated at Ksh 1,926,805 per month.
- READ ALSO: Fred Matiangi Net Worth: How Rich?
Data Insider records confirm that the retired head of government used to pocket Ksh. 23 million in annual salaries. During his tenure, Uhuru enlisted alongside other well-paid African presidents.
Comparing the top 5 highest paid African presidents
Ruto is no doubt the fourth highest-paid Head of State in Africa, a position previously held by the now-retired Uhuru Kenyatta.
- READ ALSO: Raila Odinga Net Worth Forbes.
Presidential pay slip data fetched from May 2022 compares as follows;
|1||Paul Biya||6.4 million||Cameroon|
|2||King Mohammed VI||5.1 million||Morocco|
|3||Cyril Ramaphosa||2.3 million||South Africa|
|4||Uhuru Kenyatta||1.9 million||Kenya|
|5||Yoweri Museveni||1.8 million||Uganda|
According to the Presidential Retirement Benefits Act, retired presidents’ salary in Kenya is equivalent to 80 per cent of their regular earnings.
That is to say that Uhuru Kenyatta is currently pocketing Ksh. 1.2 million every month. The amount does not include a fleet of luxury cars and other conveniences amounting to several million a month.
- READ ALSO: Zaheer Jhanda Net Worth.
Ruto succeeded Uhuru with the following portfolio, he can only become richer.
- 1 billion strategically located Oseng Property Limited
- 1.5 billion Residential Properties along Jogoo Road
- 10 storey Sixeighty Hotel worth Ksh 3 Billion in Nairobi CBD
- 10-acre private home within Karen Estate
- 2 billion presidential Weston Hotel across Wilson Airport
- 2.5 billion Orterter Enterprises Limited
- 2.6 million gold wristwatch that suggests deep pockets
- 3 Eurocopter Helicopters with each costing about Ksh. 300 million
- 500 million Osere flats in Ongata Rongai Estate in Kajiado County
- 700-acre Uasin Gishu home and farmland worth Ksh. 1.2 billion
- 750 million poultry business at Turbo home, Uasin Gishu
- Multi-million turnover Amaco Insurance
- K24 TV station acquired from the Kenyatta family
- A fleet of cars including Toyota land cruiser V8 & Range Rover sports car
The UDA boss is indeed a serial investor with tens of publicly known firms.
- READ ALSO: President Ruto Net Worth – Multi-Billions.
President William Ruto Salary is a conversation starter even as the country continues to experience severe pay slip inequalities in both formal and informal sectors.