The Kenyan Head of State with ceiling-high monthly earnings.is among the highest-paid politicians in the world. We look at President William Ruto salary and additional income from private investments.
- READ ALSO: Who is the Highest-Paid Kenyan?
Chief Hustler assumed State House as Commander in Chief on September 13, 2022. He has since been banking a great deal from his highly demanding job.
President William Ruto salary per month
How much does William Ruto earn? President William Samoei Ruto earns a gross salary of Ksh 1.44 million per month. His remuneration includes a basic salary of Ksh 866,250, a house allowance of Ksh 350,000 and a salary market adjustment of Ksh 227,500.
- READ ALSO: David Maraga Net Worth: How Rich?
The staggering amount does not include other six-figure allowances and multi-million benefits reserved for the highest office in the land.
Salaries and Remuneration Committee records indicate that Ruto is taking home at least Ksh. 2 million a month. Surprisingly, nearby states pay their presidents way below a million.
|3||Salva Kiir||601k||South Sudan|
Elsewhere, the proceeds of President Uhuru Kenyatta were estimated at Ksh 1,926,805 per month.
- READ ALSO: Fred Matiangi Net Worth: How Rich?
Data Insider records confirm that the retired head of government used to pocket Ksh. 23 million in annual salaries. During his tenure, Uhuru enlisted alongside other well-paid African presidents.
Comparing the top 5 highest paid African presidents
Ruto is no doubt the fourth highest-paid Head of State in Africa, a position previously held by the now-retired Uhuru Kenyatta.
- READ ALSO: Raila Odinga Net Worth Forbes.
Presidential pay slip data fetched from May 2022 compares as follows;
|1||Paul Biya||6.4 million||Cameroon|
|2||King Mohammed VI||5.1 million||Morocco|
|3||Cyril Ramaphosa||2.3 million||South Africa|
|4||Uhuru Kenyatta||1.9 million||Kenya|
|5||Yoweri Museveni||1.8 million||Uganda|
According to the Presidential Retirement Benefits Act, retired presidents’ salary in Kenya is equivalent to 80 per cent of their regular earnings.
- READ ALSO: DP & President Salaries in Kenya.
That is to say that Uhuru Kenyatta is currently pocketing Ksh. 1.2 million every month. The amount does not include a fleet of luxury cars and other conveniences amounting to several million a month.
- READ ALSO: Zaheer Jhanda Net Worth.
Ruto succeeded Uhuru with the following portfolio, he can only become richer.
- 1 billion strategically located Oseng Property Limited
- 1.5 billion Residential Properties along Jogoo Road
- 10 storey Sixeighty Hotel worth Ksh 3 Billion in Nairobi CBD
- 10-acre private home within Karen Estate
- 2 billion presidential Weston Hotel across Wilson Airport
- 2.5 billion Orterter Enterprises Limited
- 2.6 million gold wristwatch that suggests deep pockets
- 3 Eurocopter Helicopters with each costing about Ksh. 300 million
- 500 million Osere flats in Ongata Rongai Estate in Kajiado County
- 700-acre Uasin Gishu home and farmland worth Ksh. 1.2 billion
- 750 million poultry business at Turbo home, Uasin Gishu
- Multi-million turnover Amaco Insurance
- K24 TV station acquired from the Kenyatta family
- A fleet of cars including Toyota land cruiser V8 & Range Rover sports car
The UDA boss is indeed a serial investor with tens of publicly known firms.
- READ ALSO: President Ruto Net Worth – Multi-Billions.
President William Ruto Salary is a conversation starter even as the country continues to experience severe pay slip inequalities in both formal and informal sectors.