Latest stats show that Safaricom Home Fibre is a leading internet service provider in Kenya. The company has so far linked more than 150,000 customers and at least 20,000 businesses to their high speed Fibre optic internet. With increased connectivity is a need to change Safaricom Home Fibre password and WiFi username.
Changing your Safaricom SSID and password is necessary to prevent attackers. More so, when renewing router settings and troubleshooting connectivity issues. How do I change my Safaricom WiFi name and password?
How to change Safaricom Home Fibre password
The process of changing your Safaricom Home Fibre WiFi login details should only take less than 5 minutes.
Follow these 7 steps for a successful Safaricom Home Fibre password change.
- Firstly, open your smartphone or PC browser and enter the URL: 192.168.100.1 to access a simple login page
- Secondly, provide the username and password as provided at the back of your router. The defaults are User (Root) and Password (adminHW)
- The system will prompt you to change the default router login details. Save the new router user and passcode bearing in mind that you will need them in subsequent logins.
- Now proceed to the menu bar at the top and click on WLAN
- Locate the SSID name section and modify it to your preferred WiFi name
- Then scroll to the WPA PresharedKey section to change the WiFi password to a more secure one
- Lastly, click Apply to save the new WiFi username and security key.
Keeping router and WiFi details up to date is important in preventing hackers from accessing the administrator panel.
Provided is a full guide on Safaricom Home Fibre installation and customer care contacts.
Staying safe on the internet is a major concern in our tech-driven generation. That is why it is recommended to change your Safaricom Home Fibre password often.