Latest political moves have reignited an interest in Gideon Moi biography. Kenyans are now eager to learn more about Gideon Moi family, wealth, and presidential ambitions.
- READ ALSO: Simeon Nyachae biography.
Gideon Moi is a long-serving Kenyan politician. He became the senator of Baringo County in 2013, defeating Jackson Kosgei with a landslide win.
Sen Gideon Moi profile summary
- Real name: Gideon Kipsiele Towett Moi
- Popularly: Gideon Moi
- Date of birth: October 22, 1963
- Place of birth: Baringo County
- Gideon Moi age: 59 years
- County: Baringo County
- Nationality: Kenyan (East Africa)
- Occupation: Politician
- Political Party: KANU
- Gideon Moi father: Daniel Arap Moi
- Gideon Moi mother: Lena Moi
- Sen Gideon Moi wife: Zahra Moi
- Gideon Moi children: 3
- Years active: 2002 to present
- Religion: Christian
- Relationship status: Married
Gideon Kipsiele Towett Moi is famous for being son to Daniel Toroitich Arap Moi and succeeding him as the chair of the Kenya African National Union (KANU)
Hon Gideon Moi biography
Gideon Moi lost his mother Lena in 2004 and later his father on February 4, 2020. Moi junior is grandson to Kabon Chebii and Kimoi Chebii.
- READ ALSO: James Ongwae biography.
It is barely a year since receiving the political mantle from brothers and the party. Gideon Moi home at Kabarak will forever remain a political battleground.
How old is Gideon Moi? The 59 year old is now in charge of the legacy that his father Moi left.
Gideon Moi family and siblings
President Moi had 4 sons and 3 daughters. However, Sen Gideon Moi family comprises seven blood siblings. How many sons did Moi have?
- Jonathan Toroitich
- John Mark Moi
- June Moi
- Philip Moi
- Raymond Moi (MP Rongai)
- Doris Moi
- Jennifer Jemutai Kositany (firstborn -1953)
The senator is the last born among former President Moi’s sons. Gideon Moi brothers and sisters have a good political background.
Gideon Moi wife
Who is Gideon Moi wife? Zahra Moi is the lucky woman in Gideon’s life. She is of African-Asian descent.
- READ ALSO: Hon Silvanus Osoro biography.
Details about Gideon Moi first wife are under review.
Gideon Moi children
The couple has three children together. Gideon Moi children are Kigen, Kimoi, and Lulu.
- READ ALSO: Fred Matiangi biography.
Some Kenyans are already familiar with Gideon Moi daughter, Lulu Moi, for her outspokenness.
Education and qualification
The senator possesses high qualifications having attended both local and international institutions. Where did Gideon Moi study?
- Primary: elite Kenton College Preparatory School
- Secondary: Strathmore College (1977 – 1980)
- Secondary: St. Mary’s School (1981 – 1982)
- Tertiary education: Bachelor’s degree in Economics (Stafford University, USA)
Sen Gideon Moi biography indicates that he met and became a close friend to Uhuru Kenyatta at the St. Mary’s School.
Sen Gideon Moi salary
The senator takes home a monthly pay of about Kshs. 532,500. The amount does not include allowances and other benefits.
Gideon Moi wealth
Sources estimate Gideon Moi net worth in excess 118 million.
Gideon Moi houses are unconfirmed, but some sources indicate that the senator has stately homes at Kabarak and Nairobi.
- READ ALSO: Joash Maangi biography.
He is also a shareholder in several investments left behind by his father, the former head of state.
Gideon Moi news
The latest news has revealed that Gideon Moi family is actively preparing for his first presidential bid in 2022 general elections.
It is now evident that the senator is at a standoff with other Rift Valley leaders.
A recent incident in which armed youths forcefully blocked his convoy from accessing a crucial public meeting venue proves that fact.
- READ ALSO: Amos Nyaribo biography.
Gideon Moi today news reveals that the opponents are cautious of his rising prominence in the region.
Gideon Moi contacts
- Phone 1: 0733571368
- Phone 2: 0722488400
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- READ ALSO: William Ruto biography.
Gideon Moi biography speaks volumes about a happy family with enough at the bank. Meanwhile, who between Gideon Moi and William Ruto will win in Uhuru Kenyatta’s succession battle?