Raila Odinga was on Thursday given a presidential welcome in Gusii land. Thousands flocked and freely chanted to his Azimio La Umoja rhythm. His western tour ended with notable highlights.
Baba alias Raila Amolo Odinga opened the Kisii tour with special greetings from his excellence Raila Amolo Odinga and Interior CS Fred Matiangi. What followed is a briefing on his manifesto for the people of Kenya and why DP Ruto is not a suitable candidate.
Former PM Raila Odinga speech in Kisii
Raila addressed residents of Nyamira, Keroka, and Kisii town on March 3rd, 2022.
Dignitaries who spoke alongside ODM Party Leader Raila include Governors Hassan Joho, Oparanya, Anyang Nyong’o, Rasanga, and James Ongwae.
Other top leaders include Prof Sam Ongeri, Junet Mohamed, Peter Kenneth, and Babu Owino.
What Raila said in Kisii and Nyamira Counties
A grand welcome ushered Raila onto the stage for a groundbreaking speech. Key highlights include;
- Firstly, Raila rekindled his promise of a more effective government in which needy citizens will receive a monthly subsidy of Ksh. 6,000.
- Secondly, he promised free healthcare for the elderly and Baba Care medical plan for all
- Thirdly, Raila emphasised the completion of various infrastructural projects that Uhuru Kenyatta started.
- Fourth, Baba likened DP Ruto to a hyena (corrupt) that cannot be trusted with a flock of sheep (Kenyans).
- Lastly, Raila expressed confidence in his presidential bid come Tuesday, August 9th, 2022.
The western Kenya tour on March 3rd, 2022 ended peacefully and successfully as planned.
Overall, aspiring governor Simba Arati stole the day with striking applauses from the excited audience.
On the other hand, Prof Sam Ongeri, governor Amos Nyaribo, and governor Ongwae were the most heckled.
Raila Odinga speech in Kisii was highly proverbial. It not only entertained the locals but also gave them additional reasons to rally behind Azimio La Umoja.