Savings and Credit Co-operative Societies are on a steady rise because of their competitive financial products and services. We look at Safaricom Sacco loans with a closer focus on membership requirements, interest rates, dividends, and customer care contacts.
- READ ALSO: 100 Best Companies in Kisii List.
Safaricom Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Limited started in 2001 is at least two decades old. Core services include improving the economic status and financial accessibility among members.
Safaricom Sacco loans membership
Membership in Safaricom Sacco is open to Safaricom PLC employees and their beneficiaries. These include spouses and children aged above 18 years.
- READ ALSO: List of Huduma Centres in Kenya.
On top of that, non-workers can gain membership through Safaricom representatives.
Safaricom Sacco requirements
In the list of Safaricom Sacco loans requirements are the following;
- Passport photo
- KRA PIN certificate copy
- Identification card copy
- CRB report
- Registration fee of Ksh. 1,000
Additional requirements include a minimum monthly contribution of Ksh. 3,000 and a minimum of Ksh. 40,000 equivalent to 400 shares, each costing Ksh. 100.
- READ ALSO: 20 Best Universities & Colleges in Kisii.
Alternatively, new members can opt to give a monthly contribution of Ksh. 3,400 for 12 months (Ksh. 40,800).
How to join Safaricom Sacco – SafCIRI App
Eligible members can finalize the registration process on a self-care portal.
- READ ALSO: Kenya Power Kisii Contacts.
Make sure all the documents enlisted in the requirements sections are scanned in PDF format and images in JPEG format before proceeding.
- Visit Safaricom Sacco website at https://safaricomsacco.com
- Click the ‘Join Us’ button on the far right of the screen
- Complete filling all four sections – personal information, Next of Kin details, remittance details, and confirmation
Interested members can as well join the Sacco by dialling the USSD code *345# and keenly following the prompts.
List of Safaricom Sacco loans
Safaricom Sacco offers different products of loans including development loans, school fees loans, emergency loans, and super advance loans.
- READ ALSO: 25 Best Loan Apps in Kenya.
The number of loans and interest rates varies greatly depending on the type of loan and the creditworthiness of a member. The general requirements are as follows;
- Loan guarantors or acceptable collaterals
- Member should have either 3 months or 6 months of consistent savings.
- The interest rate of 1% per month on reducing-balance
Safaricom Sacco loans are surely affordable.
How to deposit money in Safaricom Sacco account
Follow these steps to deposit money using the mobile money transfer option.
- on your toolkit, navigate to Lipa Na MPesa and select the Pay Bill option
- In the account number section, enter your ‘Safaricom Sacco membership number’ in the format (2345678D) where ‘D’ stands for deposit
- Enter the amount and provide your MPesa PIN to complete the transaction
Members can as well complete their payments through automatic employer check-off or directly from the bank.
- READ ALSO: List of Youth Bunge Saccos – Loans.
Here are more benefits.
Safaricom Sacco dividends 2023
Which Sacco has the highest dividends in Kenya? Safaricom Sacco’s dividend and rebates rank highly against competitors such as Kenya Police Sacco and Nyati Sacco.
- READ ALSO: 20 Best Part-Time Jobs in Kenya.
Even so, dividend payout varies greatly from year to year, depending on Sacco’s financial performance.
Phone contacts and addresses
The Sacco headquarters are located at Westlands in Nairobi City, within Safaricom Care Centre (SCC), first floor.
|Address||00606, Sarit Center|
Another city office is situated in JCC offices along Mombasa Road.
- READ ALSO: List of 25 Best Saccos in Kenya.
Download the Safaricom Sacco loans App SafCIRI for more innovative banking solutions against financial uncertainties.