Robert Pavel Oimeke biography brings home the profile summary of an experienced engineer turned politician. It speaks of his reputation as Bonchari MP and former Director General at the Energy Regulatory Commission, ERC Kenya. More so, the life story emphasises on his age, family background, tribe, and legislative role in the National Assembly of Kenya.
Oimeke is a man of tact and skill in matters governance. Even better, he is a responsible family man away from the public eye. The inspiring CV of Pavel Oimeke Bonchari MP goes on.
MP Robert Pavel Oimeke profiles summary
- Real name: Robert Pavel Oimeke Obwoto
- Popularly: Pavel Oimeke
- Date of birth: under review
- Birth sign: under review
- Place of birth: under review
- Robert Pavel Oimeke age: about 50 years old
- Ethnicity: Kisii tribe
- County: Kisii County
- Nationality: Kenyan (East Africa)
- Robert Pavel Oimeke Instagram: @PavelOimeke
- Hon Robert Pavel Oimeke Facebook: @PavelOimeke
- Robert Pavel Oimeke Twitter: @HonPavelOimeke
- Occupation: Engineer, Politician
- Roles: ODM Party Member of Parliament
- Robert Pavel Oimeke wife: under review
- Hon Robert Pavel Oimeke children: under review
- Years active: 2001 to date
- Religion: Christian
- Sexual orientation: Straight
- Relationship status: Married
Robert Pavel Oimeke is famous for serving as EPRA executive director and defeating John Zebedeo Opore in replacing the deceased Bonchari MP John Oroo Oyioka.
Hon Robert Pavel Oimeke biography with pictures
Who is Pavel Oimeke? Bonchari Constituency MP Robert Pavel Oimeke Obwoto is a prominent Kisii politician and an engineer by profession.
The success journey of Pavel Oimeke started in 2003 shortly after leaving school.
How old is Pavel Oimeke?
Robert Pavel Oimeke age is about 50 years as of 2021. Even so, the lawmaker is yet to confirm his birthday.
For this reason, the born day and born year of Bonchari Constituency MP are unconfirmed.
Pavel Oimeke tribe and nationality
Hon Pavel Oimeke is of the Kisii tribe from Bonchari Constituency in Kisii County.
Elsewhere, Pavel Oimeke nationality is Kenyan. However, he is no stranger in other states across the world.
Engineer Pavel Oimeke education history
Robert Pavel Oimeke schooled at Homa Bay High School between 1990 and 1993.
He actively engaged in science club activities and societies during his secondary studies.
Good scores in the KCSE national examinations qualified Pavel Oimeke to join Moi University in 1995.
The determined Pavel majored in Bachelor of Technology in Chemical and Process Engineering.
College years exposed him to the art of politics considering he was a partisan member within the Engineering Students Association.
Engineer Pavel Oimeke graduated in 2001 and went straight into the professional career market. He would change his course to politics decades later.
Robert Oimeke professional studies and qualifications
Pavel Oimeke moved to the International Centre for Hydropower (ICH), Trondheim, Norway in 2011.
2011: Graduated with a certificate in Energy, Environment, and Natural Resources Law.
2012: Certificate in Price Regulation & Tariffs from the Energy Regulators Regional Association (ERRA), Budapest, Hungary.
2013: Certificate in Utility Regulations & Strategy from the Public Utility Research Center (PURC), University of Florida, USA
2013/4: Certificate in Advanced Energy Policy and Economic Framework from the Beuth University of Applied Sciences, Berlin and the Renewables Academy (RENAC), Luxemburger Str. 10, 13353 Berlin, Germany
2015: Certificate in Enterprise Risk Management from the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK).
Oimeke’s oversea studies in 2016
- Diploma in Efficient Energy Use and Planning from Life Academy, Karlstad, Sweden
- Certificate in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) from Kafue Regional Training Centre, Lusaka, Zambia.
- Certificate in Management Development for Executives from Crown Agents Limited and the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM), London, UK.
- Another certificate in Corporate Governance from the Centre for Corporate Governance, Kenya
Robert Pavel Oimeke biography on family background
MP Pavel comes from a humble family background within Bonchari Constituency. His home village and location remain in the shadows.
Also, details about his parents, brothers, and sisters are pending confirmation.
Former EPRA boss Pavel Oimeke wife photos
The beautiful woman behind the successful Pavel Oimeke prefers to stay behind the cameras.
Her photos and intimate details are yet to flood social media.
Engineer Robert Pavel Oimeke career biography
Pavel Oimeke started his professional career in 2001 at Kaluworks Limited where he worked as a Quality Assurance Manager until 2003.
2003: Joined the Bureau Veritas Kenya Limited (BVQI) as a consultancy manager.
2003: Joined the James Finlay (Kenya) Limited as a Research & Development Manager until 2009.
2009: Joined KTDA as a Development Engineer, R&D Department
2012: Pavel Oimeke worked in Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) until resigning in 2021.
EPRA Pavel Oimeke a Director General at Energy Regulatory Commission
The respectable Pavel Robert Oimeke (EBS), served as an Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA) boss between 2011 and 2021.
- 2011 – 2012: Assistant Manager Licensing & Compliance
- 2012 -2016: Director Renewable Energy
- 2017: Ag. Director General/CEO
- 2017 – 2020: Director and CEO at ERC
EPRA director General, Pavel Oimeke, eventually resigned on February 16, 2021 following a corruption scandal.
“I Pavel Robert Oimeke, EBS would like to announce my resignation from the position of director-general at the Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority”Bonchari MP. Robert Pavel Oimeke Obwoto
Pavel Oimeke arrested news started then followed Pavel Oimeke reinstated news. Both did not last long before his voluntary resignation.
It is after divorcing the EPRA board of directors that Hon Pavel landed a place in Bonchari Constituency politics.
Oimeke’s fateful bribery case of Ksh. 200,000
Pavel was allegedly accused on demanding a bribe of Ksh. 200,000 from an Oyugis based petrol station.
The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) confirmed that the petrol station had been closed over tax violations.
A full report on the case is underway. Meanwhile, Pavel Oimeke insists on not taking part in the scandal.
EPRA senior management executive members
Mr. Daniel Kiptoo Bargoria is now the acting Director General at EPRA following Pavel’s untimely exit. Others are;
- Mueni Mutung’a – Board Secretary & Director Legal Services
- James Muithya Kilonzo – Acting Director, Corporate Services Directorate
- Loise Thuge – Manager Supply Chain Management Department
- Eng. Edward Kinyua – Director Petroleum and Gas Directorate
- Esther Njenga – Acting Manager Corporate Strategy & Performance
- Cyprian M. Nyakundi – Director Enforcement & Consumer Protection Directorate
- Everlyne Orenge – Manager, Internal Audit and Risk Assurance Department
- Eng. Joseph Oketch – Director Electricity & Renewable Energy
EPRA Kenya chairman Daniel Kiptoo will hold the position until a new executive is poised to the position.
MP Robert Pavel Oimeke biography on replacing Hon John Oroo
Pavel of ODM Party was among 13 candidates in the recently held Bonchari by election of May 18, 2021.
He emerged top with 8,049 votes, beating closest rivals such as Opore Zebedeo John (7,279 votes) and Oroo Teresa Bitutu (6,964 votes).
MP Robert Pavel Oimeke wealth
Touring the world in search of an education has rewarded Pavel with a stable career.
MP Pavel Oimeke salary is now about Ksh. 600,000 excluding a perk of six figure allowances accrues to all Kenyan parliamentarians.
Most of his earnings stream from business investments, properties, and most recently, his role in the national assembly.
The list of his cars, homes, mansions, cars, and stately properties are not yet public.
Above all, Pavel is a wealthy tycoon with a net worth of at least Ksh. 100 million.
Bonchari MP Pavel Oimeke contacts
- Twitter: @HonPavelOimeke
Engage Pavel Oimeke on Twitter for inquiries and chat on his leadership manifesto. We will update the MP’s phone number once released.
Robert Pavel Oimeke biography reveals that he is a man of the people. A blend of his achievements in corporate management and success in politics say no less.