Formerly president of the Law Society of Kenya, Nelson Havi is a prolific Kenyan jurist, lawyer and Advocate of the high court of Kenya. The retired LSK boss rose to fame while serving in the regime of President Uhuru Kenyatta. He would eye Westlands parliamentary seat on the UDA Party ticket to no avail then land in the 2023 Solicitor General shortlist.
- READ ALSO: CS Ezekiel Machogu KTDA Scandal.
Legalist Havi who has been withdrawn from the limelight resurfaced with the historic appointment. Some sources say, he has been focusing on his businesses including Havi & Company Advocates.
Nelson Havi in 2023 Solicitor General Shortlist
If vetted successfully, Nelson Havi will replace Ken Ogeto in the Solicitor General position ahead of his retirement in March 2023.
- READ ALSO: William Ruto Family Tree.
Enlisted are Nelson Havi’s 7 competitors;
- George Kithi – Kilifi gubernatorial candidate on Jubilee Party ticket
- Mary Karen Kigen – Sorobit – Executive director and head of legal and compliance
- Shadrack John Mose – Former Kitutu Masaba MP and Nyamira county gubernatorial aspirant
- Beatrice Adhiambo Akuno –
- Stephen Ochieng Mallowah,
- Beatrice Mugeni Meso
- Paul Lilan.
The Public Service Commission interviews are scheduled for the 13th & 14th of December.
What are the functions of the Solicitor General in Kenya?
The major function of the Solicitor General in Kenya is to assist the Attorney-General in performing their official duties.
That is to mean that the winning candidate will work as an assistant to the former Speaker of the National Assembly and now attorney general, Justin Muturi.
- READ ALSO: Musalia Mudavadi Net Worth Forbes.
2023 Solicitor General shortlist is still making headlines even as Kenyans await the Public Service Commission to declare Ken Ogeto’s successor.