Dr James Gesami is a long-standing Kisii politician. He was formerly Member of Parliament for the people of West Mugirango Constituency. James Gesami biography reveals his age, wife, track record as MP, and more.
Gesami came back into the limelight following his nomination as the second governor of Nyamira County. The recent appointment by the new Nyamira governor, Amos Nyaribo, is not without a controversy.
James Gesami profile summary
- Real name: James Ondicho Gesami
- Popularly: James Gesami
- Date of birth: July 30, 1953
- Place of birth: Nyamira County
- James Gesami age: 67 years
- Ethnicity: African
- Gender: Male
- County: Nyamira County
- Nationality: Kenyan (East Africa)
- Dr James Gesami Twitter: @gesamijames
- James Gesami Facebook: @honjames.ondichogesami
- Occupation: Medical doctor and politician
- Political Party: ODM
- Sen James Gesami wife: Rachel Gesami
- Years active: 2002 to present
- Sexual orientation: straight
- Relationship status: Married
James Ondicho Gesami is famous for serving as an MP for the people of West Mugirango Constituency.
Dr James Gesami biography
Rising from the position of a medical doctor to a successful politician was a huge decision for Gesami.
James Gesami education
The former MP attended the University of Nairobi from where he graduated as a medical doctor.
James Gesami family
Rachel Gesami is the woman who has shaped Gesami to become the man he is today. Information on James Gesami children is under review.
Dr James Gesami career history
Gesami was not a political figure back in the days. However, the turn of events left him without options but joining politics.
The idea of trying his feet in politics started with the sacking of his wife from the position of a permanent secretary.
Her dismissal came because she was not coming from a political strong hold. The unhappy Rachel convinced her husband to try politics.
Forceful transfer from Nairobi to Nyanza
Gesami attempted to fight for the rights of his wife but failed. A lack of political goodwill challenged him most.
In the end, the employer forcefully transferred Dr Gesami from Nairobi to Nyanza region. Luckily, he continued working as the Provincial Director of Health.
Gesami reluctantly joining politics
Racheal takes credit for persistently pushing Gesami into politics. Even so, James Gesami biography confirms this fact.
In 2002, Gesami made history by beating Cabinet Minister Henry Obwocha during the general elections.
The people of West Mugirango poised him into their MP on the Orange Democratic Movement ticket.
Gesami served as the chair in Nyamira County ODM office until 2017 when he resigned.
List of nominees for County executive committee member
Amos Nyaribo dissolved the former cabinet on December 31, 2020.
He sacked all cabinet members even as he was taking oath into office as governor. The new cabinet nominees are:
- Emily Moraaa Ongaga: Finance, ICT and Economic Planning
- Peris Nyaboke Mongare: Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries
- Samwel Maiko: Lands, Housing and Urban Development
- Jones Omwenga: Public Works, Roads, & Transport
- Thomas Nyariki: Public Service Management
- Thomas Ondieki: Environment, Water, Mining, and Natural Resources
- Stephen Momanyi Onwonga: Trade, Industry, Tourism, and Cooperative development
- Grace Nyamongo: Gender, Sports, Culture, and Social Services
- Harrison Momanyi: Education and Vocational Training
- Gladys Momanyi: Health Services
Appointed members will undergo scrutiny ahead of assuming their respective offices.
The kisiifinest.co.ke can conclusively state that Gesami James discovered his leadership skills out of circumstances.
The late John Nyagarama and James Gesami
The two were long-time friends until recently when they publicly started differing on critical issues.
In 2013, John Obiero Nyagarama and Gesami shared campaign agents. Gesami is on record for accusing Nyagarama of corruption as the core reason for failed projects within the county.
James Gesami biography portray an influential public figure in Gusii politics. Many recall him as a development conscious leader. Will the 67-year-old Gesami uphold his former legacy if he takes over as the new deputy governor?