Manson Oyongo is a prominent Kisii politician, formerly a member of parliament for the people of South Mugirango Constituency. His leadership legacy continues to touch the hearts of many. As a result, the Kisii community is interested in Manson Oyongo Nyamweya biography ahead of the upcoming general elections.
The Kenya National Congress party leader, Manson Oyongo, lost to Governor James Ongwae in the 2017 gubernatorial race. He has since focused on business leaving supporters guessing on his next move. Kisii Finest Media has been following Oyongo’s life story.
Hon Manson Oyongo profiles summary
- Real name: Manson Oyongo Nyamweya
- Popularly: Manson Oyongo
- Date of birth: September 28, 1950
- Birth sign: Libra
- Place of birth: South Mugirango
- Manson Oyongo age: 70 years
- Tribe: Kisii
- County: Kisii County
- Nationality: Kenyan (East Africa)
- Manson Oyongo Instagram: @honmansonoyongo
- Hon Manson Oyongo Facebook: @45GOVERNOR
- Manson Oyongo Twitter: #mansonoyongo
- Occupation: Politician
- Hon Manson Oyongo wife: Alice Oyongo
- Manson Oyongo children: under review
- Years active: 1992 to date
- Sexual orientation: Straight
- Relationship status: Married
Manson Oyongo Nyamweya is famous for serving as a Member of the National Assembly in South Mugirango constituency between 2013 and 2017.
Manson Oyongo Nyamweya biography with pictures
The former South Mugirango legislature is a believer in progressive politics.
Indeed, Hon. Oyongo is back, but this time for the top position in Kisii County.
How old is Manson Oyongo?
Manson Oyongo Nyamweya is 70 years old as of 2021. He celebrates his birthdays on 28th of September.
Primary sources including info.mzalendo.com do not provide further information on his family.
Nyamweya Manson education background
Manson Nyamweya Facebook page indicates that he attended Uriri Boys High School for his secondary studies in 1978.
He later joined the University of Nairobi (UoN) for his tertiary education, 1984.
Manson Oyongo Nyamweya biography on family
Nyamweya’s profile further indicates a couple of children including son Kevin Nyamweya and a daughter called Baba.
Hon Oyongo businesses and wealth
Manson Oyongo is a successful entrepreneur with a vast business empire serving Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania.
Some sources allege that he is a stakeholder in an ecommerce business line, KEMA (EA) Limited.
Manson Oyongo Nyamweya biography and legacy
Oyongo credits himself for expanding South Mugirango road networks and ensuring bursaries helped the needy students.
Besides, Hon Oyongo told Getembe TV Kisii – GTN that he improved waters and electricity connection within the constituency.
Hon Oyongo political career history
The former law maker has served in the following capacities since joining active politics in 1992, about three decades ago.
- 2008 – 2013: Constituencies Development Fund (CDF Act) Committee
- 2010 – 2013: South Mugirango member of Ford People
- 2011: Assistant Minister of Trade
- 2013 – 2017: Member of the National Assembly, South Mugirango
- 2017: Aspirant governor Kisii County (3rd position)
Quitting the Member of Parliament race for his KNC party ally and political rival Hon Silvanus Osoro would forever change the course of his political career.
Honourable Oyongo is now confident on rising from the third place in 2017 to unseat the outgoing Kisii county boss come 2022.
Oyongo phone number and contacts
- Phone: +254722510225
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Honourable Oyongo is still a promising Kisii leader. Link him up for close up inquiries on his political ambitions.
Detailed facts in Manson Oyongo Nyamweya biography exposes his leadership style. It also hints on his capabilities and influence.