Simeon Nyachae was a long-standing politician with years of experience in Kenyan leadership. The former government minister from Kisii County was equally a skilled businessperson. Reliable sources identify him as a multi-million investor. Simeon Nyachae biography focuses on his life story, family, sons, wealth, properties, house, and death news.
Simeon Nyachae’s legacy in civil service and politics attracts admiration. Many look up to him for placing the Kisii community in the right hand of the government. The family’s stinking wealth exceeds that of other Kisii tycoons.
Simeon Nyachae profile summary
- Real name: Simeon Nyachae
- Popularly: Simeon Nyachae
- Date of birth: February 6, 1932
- Died: February 1, 2021
- Birth sign: Aquarius
- Place of birth: Nyaribari, Kisii County
- Simeon Nyachae age: 88 years
- Ethnicity: Kisii
- County: Kisii County
- Nationality: Kenyan (East Africa)
- Simeon Nyachae grandfather: Chief Onyancha Oando
- Hon Simeon Nyachae father: Chief Musa Nyandusi
- Simeon Nyachae mother: Paulina Bosibori
- Occupation: Politician, businessperson
- Political Party: Ford People and later Jubilee
- Simeon Nyachae wife: Grace Wamuyu Nyachae, and 5 others
- Simeon Nyachae children: 35
- Years active: 1954 to present
Simeon Nyachae is famous for serving as a Member of Parliament in the Nyaribari Chache constituency. He was also a respected Kenyan Government cabinet minister.
Simeon Nyachae biography with photos
The grip of power has seen the Nyachae family prospering throughout the years. They are now a political class family.
Simeon Nyachae brother James Oiruria
Nyachae had an elder brother called Chief James Oiruria. Unfortunately, he died in 2007.
Nyachae’s outgoing and talkative nature explains why Chief Nyandusi preferred him to his less outgoing elder brother.
Simeon Nyachae education profile
Early exposure to western education gave Simeon Nyachae an unequalled advantage against other tribesmen.
- 1941 –Enrolled at Nyanchwa Seventh Day Adventist School
- 1947 –Started schooling at Kereri intermediate school
- 1949 –Enrolled at the Kisii Government African School
- 1957 –Public administration studies at Torquay Academy
- 1960s –Public administration diploma at Churchill College, Cambridge
Nyandusi strongly believed in education as the only tool of success in days to come.
List of Simeon Nyachae wives
The untold stories of Simeon Nyachae biography and profile facts are unending.
Simeon Nyachae wife Grace Wamuyu
Grace Wamuyu Nyachae is the most popular of Nyachae’s six wives. She is a former State House secretary from Kenyatta’s reign.
Meeting and marrying Grace Wamuyu
Nyachae met the 19-year-old beauty when she was serving as a Provincial Commissioner in Nyeri. About this time, Wamuyu had received a transfer from State House to Nyeri.
One of his wives, Esther Kerubo Nyachae, died on August 30, 2016.
Simeon Nyachae wife Paulina Bosibori
James Oiruria and Nyachae are sons of Chief Nyandusi and his fifth wife, Paulina Bosibori. She had a good grounding in the SDA faith.
Simeon Nyachae sons and daughters
The polygamous family of six known wives has raised several siblings. Simeon Nyachae children include the following;
- Charles Nyachae –eldest son
- Michael Nyachae –lawyer
- Leon Nyandusi –England, Architect
- Moses Nyandusi –England, Accountant
- Lee Nyachae –Lee Construction, Engineer
- Joseph Nyandusi –West Virginia University, Lecturer
Other siblings include Esther, Eric, Kenneth Angela, Pauline, Judy, and Wanjiku Nyachae.
Some of Simeon Nyachae sons and daughters live in Kenya, while the rest live and work abroad.
Simeon Nyachae professional profile
Nyachae started working in his early 20s and rose steadily into higher ranks in government.
- 1954 –District clerk in the chief camp office
- 1960 –Became a Division District Officer in Kangundo
- 1963 –District commissioner
- 1964 –Rose to the rank of a provincial administrator
- 1965 –Became a Provincial Commissioner
- 1979 –Started working as chief secretary in the Civil Service
- 1987 –Retired as the last chief secretary office holder
Determination drove Simeon Nyachae into working restlessly throughout his life
Simeon Nyachae political profile
The wealthy Kisii leader worked closely with the government throughout his professional career.
Turning heads to politics would forever change the fate of the Simeon Nyachae family.
- 1992 –Became an official KANU member and lasted until 2000
- 1992 – Became Nyaribari Chache Member of Parliament for one term ending 1997
- 1998 –Agriculture Cabinet Minister and later Minister of Finance
- 1999 – Disagreed with Moi and resigned from the cabinet position
- 2002 –Ford People Party presidential aspirant
- 2004 –Minister for Energy in Kibaki’s Government
- 2006 –Became the Roads and Public Works minister
- 2007 –Aspirant MP Nyaribari Chache Constituency
While Simeon Nyachae failed in the 2002 general elections, he managed to enter parliament with a strong team of 14 Ford People affiliate MPs.
Surprisingly, the Waki report named Simeon Nyachae as one of the masterminds of the 2007/2008 post-election violence.
Simeon Nyachae family history
The renowned Nyachae comes from a polygamous home. He was the favourite of his late father and powerful colonial chief, Musa Nyandusi.
Simeon Nyachae father Musa Nyandusi
The late Nyandusi was both an influential leader and a powerful spokesperson of the Kisii people in the early years.
He enjoyed a brotherly relationship with President Jommo Kenyatta as well as the colonial masters.
The British government awarded Chief Musa Nyandusi with the Service to the Crown medal.
Musa Nyandusi and Jommo Kenyatta
Hiding Mzee Jommo Kenyatta from the colonial masters in his Kisii home united the two noble families.
Chief Musa Nyandusi profile also reveals that he was a polygamous man with 15 wives. He owned a school for his more than 100 children.
Musa Nyandusi father Onyancha Oando
Musa Nyandusi father is Chief Onyancha Oando of the early 20th century. Nyandusi took over from him and served for over 30 years between the 1920s and 1964.
Chief Nyandusi succumbed to cancer in 1970 and one of his wives more recently in 2009 at the age of 94 years.
Musa Nyandusi wealth and influence
Nyaandusi shocked locals in 1943 when he acquired the expensive Fordson and Chevrolet Sedan into his motor cars fleet.
Besides, he owned “Chitinga Chia Musa” flour mill businesses, which graced his reputation further.
Nyachae would go on to become an influential Kenyan tycoon through farming, real estate, banking, and politics.
Simeon Nyachae death
Confirmed! Simon Nyachae is dead. The ex-presidential aspirant died on February 1, 2021, barely ten days after his death rumours stifled the internet.
The Nyachae family confirmed the sudden passing through a press briefing.
Simeon Nyachae death cause
Family members confirmed that Nyachae died from an illness he has been battling for a long time now.
The briefing did not provide further information about the condition.
Simeon Nyachae health
Nyachae’s ill health condition went public in 2018 following an accidental trip.
Family members took him to Nairobi Hospital and later airlifted him to London.
Nyachae death rumours
January 20, 2021, ended with the death rumours about Nyachae circulating fast. Mixed reactions have since ensued this sad news leaving many in a state of confusion.
Dennis Itumbi, HSC, was among the first to bash Simeon Nyachae’s death rumours #RIPNyachae on Twitter.
Simeon Nyachae burial news and funeral
Friends and family members flocked at Maxwell SDA Church to eulogize the late Nyachae.
Grace Wamuyu is among those who attended the Simeon Nyachae Mass ahead of his funeral on Monday, February 15, 2021.
The kisiifinest.co.ke has determined that Kenyans will remember Simeon Nyachae for his public service dedication.
Simeon Nyachae biography highlights the power and influence of Chief Onyancha Oando and his son Senior Chief Musa Nyandusi. It is interesting how the Simeon Nyachae family has remained in favour of all governments since independence.