Ongeri is one of the longest-serving and most prominent Kisii politicians of our time. The former Member of Parliament, cabinet secretary, and senator is an aspiring governor. Upcoming sections of Prof Sam Ongeri biography investigates his admirable life story.
- READ ALSO: Hon Simba Arati Biography.
Away from politics, Ongeri is a religious leader and deep-pocket investor in various parts of the world. His clean reputation is not without stints.
Sam Ongeri profiles summary
- Real name: Samson Kegengo Ongeri
- Popularly: Sam Ongeri
- Date of birth: February 23, 1938
- Place of birth: Gesusu, Nyaribari Masaba
- Nationality: Kenyan (Kisii County
- Occupation: Politician
- Sam Ongeri children: 4
- Years active: 1987
- Relationship status: Married
Samson Kegengo Ongeri is famous for serving as a Kisii County Senator and formerly MP in the National Assembly of Kenya.
Prof Sam Ongeri biography
Ongeri from the pre-independence days is outstanding in national and international politics.
- READ ALSO: Simeon Nyachae Biography.
He is a man to cherish despite heated criticism for clinging to power until old age.
How old is Sam Ongeri?
Born on February 23, 1938, Prof Sam Ongeri age is 84 years as of 2022.
Rival Kisii politicians are presently using Prof Sam Ongeri age as campaign weaponry.
Ongeri education background
Honourable Ongeri started schooling in 1943; he eventually graduated from the University of Nairobi in 1976.
Here is a summary of Dr Ongera’s academics profile.
- 1943 – 1951: Gesusu Primary and Intermediate
- 1952 – 1957: Bugema Missionary College, Uganda
- 1959 – 1961: University of Delhi, Pre-Medical Course
- 1961 – 1966: University of Bombay, Bachelors of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- 1970 – 1972: Edinburg University, Pre-Board Examination
- 1971 – 1972: University of London, Child Health (DCH)
- 1971 – 1972: Royal College of Physicians (UK), Physician
- 1973 – 1976: University of Nairobi, WHO Course in Immunology
Sam Ongeri has attended several learning institutions in Kenya, Uganda, India, and the United Kingdom.
Dr Ongeri career history
Ongeri started his professional career as a physician in the 1960s.
- READ ALSO: Amos Nyaribo Biography.
He remained a doctor for two decades before becoming a seasoned politician.
- 1966 – 1970: Public Service, Medical Doctor of Health
- 1972 – 1988: Nairobi University, Lecturer/Professor
- 1992 – 1997: UNEP Nairobi, Diplomatic Services
- 1992 – 1997: University of Nairobi Council Chairman
Elective posts eventually swayed Ongeri from his duties as a doctor in the late 80s.
Sam Ongeri political profile
Ongeri first joined politics in 1988 and has remained active over the years. He will likely stay in the limelight for some more.
- READ ALSO: Joash Maangi Biography.
Here is a brief of Prof Samson Ongeri’s career profile.
- 1988 – 1992: Nyaribari Masaba Member of Parliament (KANU)
- 1988 – 1992: Cabinet as Minister for Technical and Vocational Education
- 1997 – 2002: Nyaribari Masaba Member of Parliament (KANU)
- 2007 – 2012: Sam Ongeri Minister of Education
- 2007 – 2013: Nyaribari Masaba Member of Parliament (KANU)
- 2012 – 2013: Minister of Foreign Minister of Affairs
- 2017 – 2022: Kisii County Senator
Sam Ongeri biography concludes that he is still pushing the political wheel and will likely participate in the 2022 general elections.
Ongeri family, marriage, and children
Samson Kegengo Ongeri is an accomplished politician and responsible family man.
- READ ALSO: Chris Mogere Obure Biography.
His less known family comprises a beautiful wife; adult sons and daughters.
Sam Ongeri wife Elizabeth Ongeri and children
Prof Sam Ongeri spouse Elizabeth is a respected medical officer at the Kenyatta National Hospital.
- READ ALSO: Prof Sam Ongeri Children.
She was formerly a deputy nursing officer at KNH medical centre.
Elsewhere, Ongeri and the wifely Elizabeth have four children, one son and three daughters, residing in different parts of the world.
Ongeri Children include engineer Caroline, investor Nyagaka, Doctor Sylvia Ongeri, and chemist Fiona.
Sam Ongeri net worth and salary
According to SRC, Senator Sam Ongeri takes home a monthly salary of Ksh. 700,000.
- READ ALSO: William Ruto Biography.
The amount does not include lucrative allowances and other due privileges for members of the senate.
On top of that, Professor Sam Ongeri is the owner of multimillion properties that channels a fortune.
The tune of Sam Ongeri wealth is at least Ksh. 200 million including palatial properties and profitable businesses.
Prof Sam Ongeri contacts
|Phone Number||020 2221891.|
Connect with Sam Ongeri and learn more about his agenda.
- READ ALSO: James Ongwae Biography.
Prof Sam Ongeri biography rounds up the story of a kingpin in positions of power. He is a physician turned politician with fingertip experience.